Well done to all our student council who are taking part in our anti bullying initiative to catch all the smiley faces in the yard. It has created a great atmosphere and we look forward to it becoming part of our routine in the school in the coming months.
Both the Board of management and the PTA met this week. The board are currently preparing for the opening of our second special class for autism which we are really excited about. We also discussed parking at the board and a letter was prepared to send to persistent breakers of the parking rules. I have been out during both collection times at school this week. I would like to thank all the parents who consistently follow the rules. We have spoken to a number of drivers and informed them that parking is at the boards discretion. We want these times to be the affirming end to the day they should be. I would like to be able to make sure that the children are happy and safe when they leave the school rather than looking at parking issues. The car plan does work when we all work together.
Our PTA had a great meeting last night and will udate you in the coming days on their section of the website.
Below is a list of events etc. currently happening in the school:
- We made the front page of the Echo this week. I am working with other local principals to secure land for playing fields etc in the new strategic plan for the lands adjacent to the school. We are also looking for another entrance via a pathway from Griffeen Avenue beside Oldbridge estate. This would lesson the walk time to school.
- 5th and sixth class will take part in the peace proms in the RDS in the coming weeks with the Cross border Orchestra.
- We will be entering our first hurling team in the primary schools competition this year.
- Junior Infant parents are doing a reading skills programme with Gemma.
- English conversation classes.
- “My Town” initiative by parents.
- Winter concert DVDS are on sale from the office for 10€.
- Our school gardeners are planning to buy a wormery for our compost.
- Clubs and homework club are back up and running this week.
- Enrolment first round offers are in the post and should be received on Monday.
- Junior Infant parent teacher meetings will take place in February.
Have a great weekend and many thanks for all your continued support,