Next week is seachtain na Gaeilge ( Irish language week) where we celebrate our language and culture. Here are some of the events taking place.
- A shop will be coming to the classes every day. You will only be able to buy things in this shop by speaking Irish.
- A traditional music band will perform for the children.
- There will be a treasure hunt or a Toraíocht Taisce for the infant classes which is being organised by the parent teacher association.
- We are having a lá glas agus Gaeilge next Friday where all children can dress up in green and we will be raising money for the school by having a spare change collection.
- On Thursday we will be having an Irish dancing Céilí in the school and we will be having Irish dancing lessons for lots of classes on wednesday
- We will be visiting and having visitors from our friends at Gaelscoil Eiscir Riada and Griffeen Valley ETNS.
- There will be a Irish language Show on Friday where each class will perform to the school in an Irish language piece.
This is just a flavour of what will be going on in the school. We make a big effort in the school to promote the Irish language and to ensure that all the children enjoy learning it. Ask your child to teach you a phrase or two so that you can be part of the fun,