We are all busy preparing for the new school year at Lucan East. The school will reopen next Wednesday 28th of August at 8.40 am for the new school year.
Please remember there is no parking, only morning drop off.
The office will be open for parents to buy school books from 10 am – 1 pm next Monday 26th and Tuesday 27th August.
There have been some changes in staffing over the summer. We are very sorry to be losing Des, Jenny, Rebecca and Orlagh who have all secured jobs as principals and teachers closer to home. Each of them has made a massive impact on Lucan East ETNS over the years and they will be sorely missed but we hope to see each of them at some stage over the course of this year.
We would like to welcome back all of our existing staff members to the school, as well as our new staff members – Hazel, Niamh Mc., Rebecca, Lorraine and Ciana.
- Hazel taught with us in Lucan East back in 2016 before moving to England where she taught Year 4 (2nd Class) for 2 years. She specialised in Maths, Literacy and Special education during her training. Hazel grew up on an organic farm so we are looking forward to her input with our school garden. Hazel will be one of the support teachers in 1st class this year.
- Niamh Mc. has been teaching for the past 3 years in Scotland, Ireland and Spain as a mainstream class teacher in Senior Infants, 4th class and 5th Before completing her masters to become a primary teacher, Niamh did a degree in Geography and linguistics and a masters in Environmental Resource Management. She specialised in special education, outdoor learning and environmental education and she will be a great asset in assisting our Green Schools committee in their work. Niamh Mc. will be the support teacher for 6th class this year.
- Rebecca qualified as a primary school teacher in 2015 and has spent the last 4 years teaching 2nd and 3rd class children in England and Qatar. During her training she specialised in Science, ICT and Drama and was appointed English coordinator in her position in Qatar because of her additional studies in this area. Rebecca will be a great help in implementing our STEM project this year and we are interested to learn from her experience overseas. Rebecca will be a class teacher in 2nd class this year.
- After completing her Masters in Education, Lorraine spent a year teaching in Ireland and 3 years teaching 1st class in the United Arab Emirates. Having grown up in the Gaeltacht, Lorraine is passionate about the Irish culture. She is a gaeilgeoir (native Irish speaker), has taught in the Gaeltacht summer schools for many years, plays tin whistle and plays gaelic football. We look forward to picking Lorraine’s brain for some new ideas in the run up to our annual Seachtain na Gaeilge. Lorraine will be a class teacher in 1st class this year.
- Ciana has experience teaching a range of different classes including Junior infants, Senior infants, 3rd class and 4th During her training she specialised in music, global and intercultural education, and inclusive education. Ciana is extremely musical and plays the xylophone, tin whistle, violin and guitar which she uses to enhance her teaching in the classes. She also completed many of her grades in Speech and Drama which will all be of great use for our annual winter plays. Ciana will be a class teacher in Senior Infants this year.
Below is the list of class and support teachers in Lucan East ETNS this year. We have a wonderful staff and I have no doubt that 2019/20 will be a great year in the school.
|Junior Infants Algeria: Melissa
Junior Infants Portugal: Eanya
Junior Infants Support: Simon
|Senior Infants India: Colm
Senior Infants Jamaica: Ciana
Senior Infants Support: Fiona
|1st Class Cuba: Lorraine
1st Class Germany: Catriona
1st Class Support: Louise & Hazel
|2nd Class Fiji: Jo
2nd Class Finland: Rebecca
2nd Class Support: Laura
|3rd Class Ghana (outreach): Sarah Mc
3rd Class Canada: Sarah S
3rd Class Italy: Niamh O
3rd Class Support: Carol
|4th Class Sweden: Conor
4th Class Austria: Paula
4th Class Support: Deirdre
|5th Class Ireland (outreach): Ryan
5th Class Peru: Niamh (assistant principal)
5th Class Iceland: Margaret
5th Class Support: Niall
|6th Class Poland: Níall
6th Class Japan: Tom
6th Class Support: Niamh Mc.
I will post a list exit doors for all classes on the website in the coming days.
Make sure you follow us on twitter and sign up to our weekly newsletter on this site for all the latest updates about the school.
Really looking forward to seeing you all next week.