Hello parents and guardians,
My name is Rebecca and I am the new Home School Community Liaison Teacher for Lucan East Educate Together National School. For the last three years, I have worked in this school as a class teacher and this year I am delighted to take on such an exciting and interesting new role. I am really looking forward to working with such a fantastic group of parents and staff who are all hugely committed to the children’s education and happiness at school.
My role as HSCL teacher involves:
- Visiting parents/guardians in their homes;
- Organising courses, talks or meetings for parents/guardians in the school;
- Involving parents/guardians in their children’s education;
- Encouraging closer ties between teachers, schools and the parents/guardians;
- Seeking out parents/guardians to participate in classroom projects, such as the Clover Reading Project, the Bedtime Reading Club, Maths for Fun and Science for Fun.
Please feel free to call in and see me anytime (room 38) or contact me by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org