So far this year, we have had lots of interesting parent classes, talks, parental involvement activities and PTA fundraisers. Here is a snapshot of some of the initiatives organised in collaboration with the HSCL teacher, Rebecca.
- Yoga Class for parents during Health & Wellbeing Week
- 12 parents graduated from the Parents Plus Programme this week
- Art Classes take place every Tuesday in the Parents Room from 9 – 11am
- Beginners English Classes start on 23rd November every Thursday from 9 – 11am
Talks for Parents
- All parents were invited to a Coffee Morning in September
- Rachel from Carambola gave a very interesting nutrition talk about sugar to parents and 6th class students during Health & Wellbeing Week.
- Maths Packs were given to all the 2nd Class parents. They contained a list of maths apps and websites and different games and ideas to promote maths in the home.
Talks for Children
- Several principals came to talk to 5th & 6th class about their open evenings and about applying to secondary school.
- The metalwork teacher from Adamstown Community College did a super workshop with 6th
- Craig Stephens ‘The Mad Scientist’ will visit our school next week and perform science experiments for all the classes.
- Fruit & Vegetable Tasting for Infants – 2nd Class during Health & Wellbeing Week
- Clover Reading Packs in Junior Infants
- Bedtime Reading Trolley in Senior Infants
- Maths Packs in 2nd Class
- Art Workshop in the Outreach – Ireland and Ghana Classes
- Maths Trails (Maths Week)
- PTA Annual General Meeting (3rd October)
- Book Fair (23rd – 27th October)
- Halloween Discos for Infants – 4th Class (26th October)
- Movie Night for 5th & 6th Class (1st December)
- Clothing Collection (27th November – 8th December)
- Winter Raffle (December)
There will be lots more classes, talks, parental involvement activities and events organised in the New Year.
If you would like to get involved in any classes, help out with PTA events or volunteer to take part in the parental involvement activities this year, please get in touch with us.