Last Saturday Orlagh gave a brilliant presentation about our wormary in school and how we use real life situations to teach language. This was part of Educate Together’s Ethical Education Conference. Jenny who is our Learn Together coordinator, Orlagh and myself attended and it was great to meet other teachers from Educate Together schools from all over the country.
Many thanks to all the parents who have really engaged with our Irish language welcomers at the entrance to the school. They have been brilliant this week. In January 4th class will get the opportunity to learn the guitar thanks to the U2 music fund. Our winter concerts are coming up in December and check the time for your child’s show on the screen in the reception area and on this website. Each class will be sending out an invitation also. The concerts are always a great event in the school calendar and not to be missed. 5th class will be taking part in the peace proms which is a singing event which involves children from both parts of our island and celebrates togetherness and understanding.
We will be relaunching our walk and cycle to school initiative in the coming weeks and there will be prizes and awards for the most active class to school.
Below are just a flavour of some other things taking place in the school at the moment:
- Hockey coaching with Weston Hurling club
- Our morning hurling is going really well and we have entered teams in the hurling and camogie competitions this year.
- Our cross country teams will be in action in the annual race series next term
- Our school library and class libraries are being bar coded which will eanble children to bring home books and the school will be able to track them.
- Maths for fun took place in first classs this week. Check out all of Rebecca’s work as home school teacher on this site.
- Well done to all our “doodle for google” winners who now go forward to the national competition
- The PTA have been really helpful with our library. They are also organising a disco for 5th and 6th class which will take place next week.