Here’s a short update on what’s happening with the PTA during the coming months. Please get involved in any way you can.
- National Spring Clean (25th February 10:00 am – 12:00 pm) – Bring a mop and bucket and help make our school gleam! We are asking for your support in giving the school a Spring clean. All you have to do is join the other volunteers on Friday 25th February and help out with some light cleaning (dusting, sweeping etc.) There is no school on this day but the children are more than welcome to come along with you. We hope to see as many of you as possible there. Even if you can only spare 20 minutes, every little helps!
- Shamrocks (1st March) – The children were all given a notice about selling shamrocks to help celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. This is a great fundraiser for the school and we are asking you to help raise as much as we can. Ask your friends, neighbours and family members if they would buy a piece of shamrock costing 3 euro, which they can wear on St. Patrick’s Day. 1.50 from each shamrock sold goes to our school. Return completed forms to the school by 1st March and we will give you the shamrock on 15th March, ready for the big day.
- Book Fair In March we are having our book fair. We receive 60% of all money raised to be spent on new books for our school. We need some volunteers to sell the books. The time slots are 8:30 to 8:40 each morning, 1:20 – 1:30 each afternoon, and 2:20 – 2:40 each afternoon. There is very little to do, you just take the money from anyone who would like to buy a book. If you can spare 10 minutes please sign up on the PTA notice board in school.
- Women’s Mini Marathon Monday 2nd May – Run or walk the mini marathon with other members of the Lucan East ETNS communitiy.
- Fun Fair – Our fun fair will be taking place again in May of this year. The last two fairs have been fantastic. Time and date will be confirmed and we will post the details closer to the time.
- Social Night – This is just an opportunity to get together with some of the other parents from Lucan East ETNS and have a night out. When we have decided a time and venue we will advertise it here and on the PTA notice board in the school.
If you would like any more information on anything related to the PTA drop in to see Linda (Junior Infants, Australia Class) or Neys (Chairperson). We will be looking for volunteers to help make sure the above activities can go ahead as planned and it would be great if you could spare some time to help in any way you can.