The association will be called “The Parent Teacher Association”
- To promote and strengthen the spirit of the school
- To ensure the continued welfare and development of the school
- To promote understanding between parents, Teachers, management and children
- To encourage and facilitate parental activity in the life of the school
- To assist the school where help is required
- To raise funds in support of the schools aims
The membership of the Parent Teacher Association shall be deemed to be all parents and guardians of pupils enrolled in the school without the necessity of any formal application to the Parent Teacher Association. Any member of the Parent Teacher Association shall be entitled to attend the annual general meeting (AGM) and vote on all motions.
The AGM of the members is the governing body of the Parent Teacher Association.
- The AGM of the parent Teacher Association (PTA) will be held between May 1st and June 30th of each year
- At least seven days notice of the AGM shall be given to the members of The Parent Teacher Association
- Any member of the PTA shall be entitled to be a member of the committee by simply subscribing their name to the roll of committee members at the AGM
- The school principal and teachers representative shall be ex-officio members of the committee but shall not be officers of the PTA subject to the constitution and the decisions and authority of the AGM
- Motions at the AGM will be decided by a simple majority
- The committee shall elect officers for the PTA from its own members at the first meeting after the AGM.
These officers will consist of:
- An officer of the Parent Teacher Association shall not serve for more than two years in any four. This may be waived if no other committee members are eligible
- The parent teacher association recognises that the association is not a forum for complaints about teachers and will encourage parents to follow the complaints guidelines in the school.
- The parent Teacher Association will affiliate with the national parents council annually
- The committee may set up a sub-committees for specific purposes. These sub committees may include individuals who are not members of the committee.
This constitution may only be changed by two thirds majority of the ordinary members present voting in favour of such change at an AGM of the PTA or at an extraordinary general meeting (EGM) called for that purpose.