The PTA met this week and have fantastic plans for the rest of the school year.
- Our Spring Raffle draw date will happen on Wednesday 6th April. Sinead (HSCL teacher) will be asking parents for prize donations and some prizes will bought by the PTA.
- The annual Bring a book/ buy a book will take place on Wednesday 2nd March. Books will cost €1 each, and we hope to have a selection of books for adults also which can be purchased at collection times on this day. If parents and children have books they no longer want or use please keep them for this school event. We will be collecting books from Monday 21st February until Tuesday 1st March.
- Courses: There is currently a Sugar Craft course for parents happening on a weekly basis. We are hoping the National Parents Council will do a Transfer to Secondary workshop later in the school year.
- Careers Day for 6th class: We are hoping to run a remote Careers Day for our 6th class students later in the school year. We will be looking for parent volunteers to talk to our 6th class students about the jobs they do. Our students will really enjoy this opportunity as they prepare to move onto the next phase of their educational journey.
- We are also hoping to host a remote Grandparents’ day on the 19th May. The beauty of doing this remotely is that the Grandparents of our students who are living far away, abroad and locally can all participate.
- Finally, our Parents gardening will recommence on Friday 4th Feb from 9 am-11 am. This will happen on the 1st Friday of every month. All parents are welcome to come along and help out. There is lots of work that needs to be done, there’s always a bit of crack, and there will be tea, coffee and biscuits each week.
If you’ve any questions or queries about any of these events please contact Sinead our HSCL teacher at firstname.lastname@example.org