25th February 2021
Dear Parent / Guardian,
The Board of Management and staff of Lucan East ETNS are delighted to be welcoming our Junior Infant to 2nd class pupils back to school on 1st March 2020.
We have all recommended control measures in place to ensure that this will be a safe re-opening. Please help us by ensuring to do the following before we all start back together again next week:
1. Send a small personal hygiene pack (with clean face cloth for hand drying and tissues) to school with your child each day.
2. Check your child’s start time, finish time and collection point below
3. Fill in the ‘Student Return to School Form’ by 12 midday on Friday 26th February (sent by text and email).
4. Please ensure that your child washes their hands before they come to school everyday.
5. Adults must wear a face mask while on the school grounds at all times.
6. Go through handwashing procedures with your child and HSE Advice for Parents at the following link: https://www.gov.ie/en/collection/5572b-back-to-school-advice-for-parents-students-and-families/
Carambola lunches will be provided for all classes from Junior Infants – 2nd class from Monday 1st March.
Please remember that Parents/Guardians/Visitors cannot enter the school building without an appointment under any circumstances and will not be permitted to gather on school grounds before or after school.
Children will arrive at different times as outlined below to enable social distancing:
· 8.30: Families with surnames starting with letters A, B, C or D
· 8.35: Families with surnames starting with letters E, F, G, H, I, J, K or L
· 8.40: Families with surnames starting with letters M, N, O or P
· 8.45: Families with surnames starting with letters Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y or Z
Adults who are collecting their children from school at the end of the day should wait on the wait markings outside the child’s class entry/exit door. Classes will finish at the following times:
· 1.15 pm: Junior Infants (Scotland Class – front door; Malaysia Class – soft play door)
· 1.20 pm: Senior Infants (Algeria Class – front door; Portugal Class – bike shed door)
· 2.10 pm: 1st Class (Jamaica Class – front door; India Class – bike shed door)
· 2.15 pm: 2nd Class (Cuba Class – bike shed door; Germany Class – soft play door)
We would like to thank you for your co-operation to date and look forward to seeing you next week. Working together we hope to be able to progress the reopening in as safe a manner as possible for all.
Is mise meas,