A Chairde (friends),
It has been a very busy week at Lucan East ETNS. There is always a great account of what is happening in the school on our twitter account. The twitter app can be downloaded for free onto any phone. Below are some of the great learning and events which were taking place this week.
- The garden is awakening from its winter slumber and Orlagh and the Lucan East gardeners made some excellent apple crumble which is right up there with Mary Berry.
- As part of Down Syndrome awareness week 5th and 6th class had a speaker in from The Down Syndrome Centre
- Rebecca has been busy with Irish classes for parents
- Our boys and Girls soccer team had a great time competing in the FAI soccer blitz
- Japan class had an amazing trip to the national Museum as part of their work on the vikings
- The school received a 200€ donation from Tesco Lucan through the Lucan Autism Network which we will use to subsidise our Speech and Language and Occupational Therapist that we have in the school.
- The children in Rang 1 – Rang 3 are really enjoying the cricket and hockey coaching taking place at the moment.
- Many thanks to all parents who took part in the parental involvement monopoly event in 5th class.
- Rebecca is also currently organising a first aid course for parents. Details of which can be found on this website.
Today in assembly we are celebrating Autism awareness day in our friday assembly. Every friday we meet as a school community and celebrate the achievements of the children through our stars of the week and Gaelgeoir na seachtaine (Irish speaker of the week) in each class.
Míle buíochas (Many thanks),