Welcome to our first newsletter of the 2020/2021 school year. It has been lovely catching up with all of the students this week after the extraordinary end to the school year last year.
Firstly, I want to thank each member of the team here at Lucan East ETNS. The hard work and dedication that the staff have put into preparing for the students’ return is extraordinary. We have done everything we can to ensure that your children have as safe a return to school as possible.
I would also like to express my gratitude to you, the parents, for your cooperation and support during our first week back in school. You have helped to make it a calm and enjoyable return for your children by following our new routines and procedures and for that we thank you.
If you could please continue to do the following that would be much appreciated:
- Send a clean hand towel to school with your child every day in a zip lock bag
- If your child is unwell in any way please keep them home and contact your GP for advice. Children cannot return to school until they have not displayed any type of illness for 48 hours.
- Please do not send in any non-school personal belongings with your child (e.g. toys)
- Please ensure that your child washes their hands before they come to school every day.
- Supervision is available from 8.30 am. Children are not insured to be on the school grounds before this time.
- We suggest adults who are dropping or collecting children wear a face covering if it is difficult to practice social distancing.
HSE ADVICE: “Wearing a cloth face covering is recommended in situations where it is difficult to practice social distancing. They may help prevent people who do not know they have the virus from spreading it to others”. https://healthservice.hse.ie/staff/coronavirus/safety-in-the-workplace/how-to-use-face-coverings.html
A special thank you to the PTA for the beautiful balloons and bunting they organised for Monday. I know it definitely put a smile on some anxious faces!
Last but not least we would like to thank our wonderful students. They never cease to amaze us! Many things have changed in order to make our school safer and they have followed every instruction and really stepped up to the challenge this week. Lucan East ETNS is, once again, a hive of activity and seeing the smiles on the childrens’ faces as they learn together makes all of the hard work over the last few weeks worthwhile.
I know together we will make this year a great year for our students and for all of the Lucan East ETNS community.