24th August 2021
Fáilte ar ais
The BoM and Staff of Lucan East ETNS are looking forward to welcoming all our pupils and parents / guardians back to school for the 2021/2022 school year next week.
As was the case last year, we are satisfied that we have control measures in place to ensure that this will be a safe re-opening. There will, undoubtedly, be some unforeseen challenges and we will deal with these as they arise.
Please help us by ensuring to do the following before we all start back together again next week:
- Send a hygiene pack (with a clean face cloth for drying hands after washing and tissues) to school with your child every day
- Send a school pencil case (with a pencil, sharpener, rubber, some colours etc.) to school with your child on their first day of school. This will be kept in school at all times.
- Check your child’s staggered start and finish times and collection points (see below)
- Email your child’s teacher by 11 am on Friday 27th August if you want to give permission for your child to walk home on their own.
- Fill in the ‘Student Return to School Form’ by 11 am on Friday 27th August (this will be sent by text and email tomorrow).
- Please ensure that your child washes their hands before they come to school every day.
- Go through hand washing and general hand hygiene procedures with your child before they return to school
- We ask that all adults wear a face mask when on the school grounds at drop off and collection times.
- For the safety of all who use the school, no child may come to school if sick if any way. Any child who staff consider to be sick will be promptly brought to the isolation room and parents/guardians will be contacted to collect their child immediately.
- Pupils may wear a visor/mask in school if parents or the child wishes. It is not however the responsibility of the school staff to enforce pupil wearing of masks and we are not in a position to supply them to children.
Please also remember that Parents/Guardians/Visitors must not enter the school building without an appointment under any circumstances and will not be permitted to gather on school grounds before or after school.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Senior Infants to 6th Classes:
On Monday 30th August students will line up in the basketball courts (SI, 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th), the courtyard (5th) and the astro-turf area (6th) to meet their new teacher. Class teachers will be standing at the top of each line holding a poster displaying the class name, level and teacher’s name to enable children to find them easily. From Tuesday 31st onwards pupils will walk straight into the school building on arrival through their assigned door.
Carambola lunches will be provided for all classes from Senior Infants – 6th from Monday 30th August.
On Tuesday 31st August Junior Infant students will line up in the basketball courts and meet their new teacher. From Wednesday 1st September onwards Junior Infants will walk straight into their classrooms through the front door. There will be lots of staff members on hand to help with this.
Carambola lunches will begin for Junior Infants and other new pupils from approx. 13th September (exact date to be confirmed).
Arrival Times at school
- Children will arrive at different times as outlined below to enable social distancing at all times inside and outside of the school:
- 8.30: Families with surnames starting with letters A, B, C or D
- 8.35: Families with surnames starting with letters E, F, G, H, I, J, K or L
- 8.40: Families with surnames starting with letters M, N, O or P
- 8.45: Families with surnames starting with letters Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y or Z
- There will be a teacher at each door to supervise children’s entry to the school and safe journey to their class. There will also be teachers supervising the classrooms from 8.30 am.
- Messages for teachers can be sent by emailing the class teacher or by phoning the school office.
Key to Entrances & Exits
|Front Door||Junior Infants – Ethiopia (email@example.com) Senior Infants – Malaysia (firstname.lastname@example.org) 1st Class – Algeria (email@example.com)|
|Bike Shed Door||Senior Infants – Scotland (firstname.lastname@example.org) 1st Class – Portugal (email@example.com) 2nd Class – Jamaica (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Soft Play Door||Junior Infants – Pakistan (email@example.com) 2nd Class – India (firstname.lastname@example.org) 3rd Class – Germany (email@example.com)|
|Outreach Door||Ghana Class (firstname.lastname@example.org) Switzerland Class (email@example.com)|
|Astro Door||3rd Class – Cuba (firstname.lastname@example.org) 4th Class – Fiji (email@example.com) 6th Class – Austria (firstname.lastname@example.org) 6th Class – Sweden (email@example.com)|
|5th Class Door Collect @ front of school||4th Class – Finland (firstname.lastname@example.org) 5th Class – Canada (email@example.com)|
|Library Door||5th Class – Sweden (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
End of School Day
- Adults, who are collecting their children from school at the end of the day, should wait on the designated wait markings outside the child’s class entry/exit door.
- To minimise the numbers congregating at any one time the classes will finish at the following times:
- 1.15 pm: Junior Infants (from 9th September)
- 1.20 pm: Senior Infants
- 2.10 pm: 1st and 3rd Classes
- 2.15 pm: 2nd and 4th Classes
- 2.20 pm: 5th and 6th Classes
- When the school day for that class is over the class teacher will bring the children to their designated entrance/exit point and will release the children into the care of the adult who is there to collect them
For further advice and information for parents of children returning to school please see: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/a04fc-advice-for-students-and-their-families/#returning-to-school
For travel advice please refer to: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/77952-government-advice-on-international-travel/#travelling-to-ireland
For more information you can view the school’s Covid Policy Statement and Covid Logistics Plan which you can find at https://lucaneastet.ie/covid-19/
We would like to thank you for your co-operation in advance and look forward to seeing you all again next week.